[ros-users] bug: SOEM stack: Errors in master component re-configuration

Santiago Focke focke.85 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 00:15:37 UTC 2012

Hi

I've been trying to make some reconfigurations with the Orocos SOEM master
component and I saw that after doing it the component stopped working
correctly. This was caused because every time the component (re)configures
itself, it creates again all the slaves found in the network, and adds the
into the m_drivers vector. So, if I have one slave and configure 3 times my
master, there will be 3 different slave drivers in the vector for the same
slave. Also, when reconfiguring, it cannot add the service of the
last-created driver, and the first-created one will be pointing to some
region of memory that no longer corresponds to the slave image (in case
SOEM remaps in a different place). I'm thinking on using a class variable
(set by an operation of the master service) that will define if the master
makes the whole configuration (searching for slaves, mapping, etc..) or
just the slaves' parameter configuration, but I'd like to listen to better
options.

Regards,

--
Santiago