[ros-users] Announcing teleop stack

Kevin LeBlanc kevin.canadian at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 19:39:38 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I'd like to let you know about a teleop stack I've developed to allow
generic tele-operation "source" devices (such as keyboards, joysticks,
etc.) to be used interchangeably to control generic tele-operation "sink"
devices (such as robot bases, pan-tilt units, robot arms, etc.).

I know there are a number of tele-operation and joystick stacks and
packages out there, but many of them are doing nearly identical things in
slightly (and frustratingly) different ways.  The purpose of this stack is
to avoid the rewriting of source or sink specific code for different
source-sink combinations, and to provide a common interface for a variety
of tele-operation sources.

The code can be downloaded here:
  https://github.com/skynetish/teleop

More information can be found here: