[ros-users] New repositories registration

Thomas Moulard thomas.moulard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 16:18:46 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Fabien Spindler
<Fabien.Spindler at inria.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The ROS documentation states: "/To submit your own repository, please send
> an announcement to ros-users/"
>
> I would like to register the following repositories:
> hand2eyecalib: git://scm.gforge.inria.fr/hand2eyecalib/hand2eyecalib.git
> vispcameracalib:
> git://scm.gforge.inria.fr/vispcameracalib/vispcameracalib.git
> vispbridge: git://scm.gforge.inria.fr/vispbridge/vispbridge.git
>
> All of the three repositories are part of the vision_visp stack
> (http://www.ros.org/wiki/vision_visp).
>
> Is it possible to create them?

Hello Fabien,
I suggest adding these packages as submodules of the current stack.
In this case, there is no need to register them directly.

I will do that this week-end or next Monday.

I can then release the stack. I did not release like I said before due to
both time constraints on my side and ROS Fuerte migration that currently
going on. So, I will do it after adding your packages.

BTW, do you mind if I add the packages as:
- visp_hand2eye_calibration
- visp_camera_calibration
- visp_bridge ?

It would be much more consistent with existing packages such as
camera_calibration[1].

Best,

[1] http://www.ros.org/wiki/camera_calibration
--