[ros-users] New repositories registration

Michael Carroll carroll.michael at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 16:50:03 UTC 2012

We have had good success adding a single rosinstall file to the indexer, as
Ken suggested earlier.  Also, keeping each stack in it's own git repository
saves many of the hassles with submodules.

We keep a rosinstall file in the root of one of our repositories (
https://github.com/Auburn-Automow/au_automow_common/blob/master/au-automow.rosinstall),
and gave Ken the "raw" address (
https://raw.github.com/Auburn-Automow/au_automow_common/master/au-automow.rosinstall
).

That way if you are going to be adding stacks later, you can modify the
rosinstall file yourself, rather than having to announce on ros-users or
bug Ken.

~mc