[ros-users] Current state of SMACH in ROS

Edwards, Shaun M. sedwards at swri.org
Thu Feb 16 19:58:17 UTC 2012

All,

We are in the initial steps of setting up a consortium to support the development of ROS-Industrial (http://code.google.com/p/swri-ros-pkg/ ).  We are nowhere near standing up the consortium, but assuming we are successful, SMACH is near the top of our list of ROS functionality that needs to be improved.  We will certainly work with the ROS community at large to further develop this tool, but the main goal of the consortium is to build on existing tools in a way that servers the needs of industrial users.

Shaun Edwards
Senior Research Engineer
Manufacturing System Department

http://robotics.swri.org