[ros-users] doc indexer stuck again?

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Sun Feb 19 19:58:14 UTC 2012

I agree that it's frustrating.  It simply hasn't kept up with the
scale of growth that we've seen.

I have previously attempted to be break it up into multiple pieces.
There are several issues with that that will require a lot of rewrite
in the infrastructure to handle.  They are not difficult issues, but
it has been lower priority than getting Fuerte into shape.

If someone has a hankering to take a stab at rewriting the indexer, I
am happy to pass the baton.

There is also a 'backdoor' that I can give you access to that is
useful for "one-time" spins that gives quick turn for a single
repository.  It violates many of the issues that I allude to above,
which is why it is only for emergency use.  If this is the case for
you, I can show you how to use that.

If it is the case that you're simply pointing to documentation for a
doc/api review, one solution is to just build the doc set locally and
upload it to the web.  The advantage to this approach is that you are
pointing to a versioned set of documentation.

 - Ken