[ros-users] RT ROS + EtherCAT

Jonathan Hurst jonathan.hurst at oregonstate.edu
Wed Jan 11 19:28:04 UTC 2012

Dear ROS Users,

We would like to use Robot Operating System on ATRIAS, the bipedal
robot we are building
(http://mime.oregonstate.edu/research/drl/Site%20Pages/Atrias.html),
but we must have reliable real-time control at 1kHz with communication
over an EtherCAT bus.  We have assembled some existing software tools
to enable this, including the EtherLab driver and Orocos RTT to tie
things all together in real time.  If you are interested in this
discussion, please feel free to join the Email list - it has a brief
history with one or two summaries of working systems, but I hope we
will have much more detailed discussions, or receive pointers to other
working systems.  You can sign up for the list here:

Jonathan
Jonathan W. Hurst
Assistant Professor
School of Mechanical, Industrial, and Manufacturing Engineering
Oregon State University
204 Rogers Hall
Corvallis, OR 97331-6001

jonathan.hurst at oregonstate.edu