[ros-users] ROS t-shirts and DVDs

Bill Morris bill at iheartengineering.com
Sat Jan 28 00:59:42 UTC 2012

Hello ROS Users,

We noticed some recent interest in offline installation and have wanted
to help make the ROS installation process easier and save time
downloading Ubuntu and ROS. So, we are please to announce the
availability of ROS as a DVD installer that will install Ubuntu 10.04
and a basic configuration of ROS. The disk is also bootable as a
LiveDVD, so you can get started without reformatting your hard drive.

64-bit ROS DVD
http://store.iheartengineering.com/ROS-Robot-Operating-System-Installer/dp/B0072BTOP2
32-bit ROS DVD
http://store.iheartengineering.com/ROS-Robot-Operating-System-Installer/dp/B0072BWC3S

In addition to this exciting news, we are also happy to be able to make
available these great ROS t-shirts.

ROS Electric Emys t-shirt
http://store.iheartengineering.com/ROS-Electric-Emys-T-Shirt/dp/B0072MS4MK
ROS Diamondback t-shirt
http://store.iheartengineering.com/ROS-Diamondback-T-Shirt/dp/B0072MG7FQ

We are setting aside $10 per DVD and $3 per shirt for the creation of a
ROS Foundation which would be modeled after the Mozilla foundation. In
the event that there are problems creating the foundation, we will
donate the funds to the EFF [1].

If you have any questions or feedback let us know.

Thanks!

[1] http://www.eff.org

--
Bill Morris <bill at iheartengineering.com>