[ros-users] New Stack: Robonaut 2 Simulator

HART, STEPHEN W. (JSC-ER)[GENERAL MOTORS CORPORATION] stephen.hart at nasa.gov
Thu Jul 12 22:51:14 UTC 2012

Hi Everybody,

I am happy to announce that the NASA-GM Robonaut 2 Simulator stack is now available for download.

Information on how to rosmake and run it can be found here:  http://ros.org/wiki/nasa_r2_simulator

The git repo is still being indexed (and will be available shortly), but in the meantime you can download the package directly:

Ø  sudo apt-get install ros-fuerte-nasa-r2-simulator

Included are a few Gazebo launch files for viewing the robot alone, in the International Space Station (ISS) US-Lab module, or with the "ISS Task Board," which is a structure with a number of articulate buttons and switches that the robot can manipulate.  Also, there is an interactive marker script that can be used to teleop the robot.

Of course, this is a beta version, and we hope to make improvements over time.  But I invite anyone who is so interested to take a look and see what they can do!

Any feedback, even if you just have downloaded it and liked it, is welcome.

Enjoy!
Steve

Stephen Hart, Ph.D.
Robonaut 2 Applications Lead