[ros-users] Uservoice-like Suggestions Page

David Lu!! davidlu at wustl.edu
Thu Jul 19 01:04:35 UTC 2012

Is there any interest in a uservoice-like suggestions page for the ROS
Community at large?

Example: http://feedback.seesmic.com/forums/162042-seesmic-ping-service-web-
Run by http://www.uservoice.com/

The general idea is that people post suggestions for ROS features,
other users vote on a couple ideas they'd like to see happen as well,
and then common needs are identified.

For example, I want a general solution for the PR2 to use an elevator.
JSK has a demo that works in their elevator, but I'd like one that
works for mine. I could (theoretically) code that up myself, but if
I'm the only one who wants to use it, then I'll probably make do with
opening the elevator doors myself. However, if I knew that every other
PR2 site in the world also wanted an elevator capable PR2, then I
might be more inclined to write that node.

-DL!!