[ros-users] Announcing Internship in Software Development at Bot & Dolly

Ian Sherman ian at botndolly.com
Wed Jul 25 19:09:06 UTC 2012

We'd especially love to find someone with ROS experience - please share
with students, colleagues, friends. Thank you!

Internship in Software Development at Bot & Dolly

About Bot & Dolly
-------------------
At Bot & Dolly we're finding applications of industrial robots and
automation in creative industries - using 6-axis robots for motion control
of film cameras, building tools to give animators control of the physical
world, and experimenting with novel projection mapping techniques, as a few
examples. It's a fascinating mix between software development, hardware
integration, and a physical production environment. Find more information
at www.botndolly.com.

Internship Description
-----------------------
We're seeking a software development intern to help advance our core motion
control platform.

Examples of projects you may find yourself involved with are:
 - alternative interfaces for robot interaction
 - extending animation tools for motion control
 - projector and camera calibration techniques
 - integration of novel sensors and actuators

This 1 to 3 month paid internship may start on any date, and will be
tailored to the skills and interests of the candidate.
We can't pay a lot, but we can promise interesting problems and a totally
unique work environment.

Requirements
-------------
- A strong foundation in CS fundamentals
- Demonstrated experience with Python/C++ and the tools of the trade: shell
scripting, version control, OO design
- Interest in robotics, graphics, animation, real-time systems, hardware,
design, and/or physical interface.

How to Apply
Please send a brief introduction, resume, and links to any relevant work to
jobs at botndolly.com

--
Ian Sherman
Engineer

BOT&DOLLY
150 Mississippi Street San Francisco CA 94107
o. 415.701.9700
www.botndolly.com