[ros-users] New Sphero robot package [ARL_sphero_command]

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Mon Jul 2 19:00:28 UTC 2012

Hi Parker,

Thanks for your announcement.  Your repository has been added to the index.

-- Your Friendly Neighborhood ROS Indexers

PS. You did everything right, you're announcement is the announcement to
the community.  Please don't send things twice, it just fills up everyone's
inbox. And please be patient.  We do our best to respond to everything
immediately, however sometimes there are too many things to respond to
immediately, or other circumstances such as travel and events slow things
down.

On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Parker Conroy <parker.conroy at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello fellow robots and roboticists,
>
> This is the second time I've tried to submit this package through the
> users list.  If I'm doing something wrong, someone let me know the
> proper way.
>
>  I'd like to draw your attention to a new package which allows the
> control of a Sphero robot. It is written in C++ and uses bluez to send
> packets to the robot. It currently allows either joy or twist messages
> to control velocity.  Also available are the two lights on the robot.
> This package was developed at the ARLab, University of Utah.
>
> If you have suggestions or run into problems please let me know through
> the git!
>
> The info page is here: http://ros.org/wiki/ARL_sphero_command
> The git is here:
> https://github.com/parcon/ARL-sphero-command/tree/master/ARL_sphero_command