[ros-users] Uservoice-like Suggestions Page

Jonathan Bohren jonathan.bohren at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 21:54:33 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM, Thibault Kruse <kruset at in.tum.de> wrote:

> I think it could help to have an automated map of stacks and their
> maintainers,
> along with a statistics of how the tickets for those stacks are dealt with
> (Average defect age, number of open defects, etc.).

Yeah, I think Benjamin Pitzer's talk touched on some of this stuff at
ROSCon ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyUzJpldm-M ), but I really think
this is a necessary first step. Additionally, if a package does get
abandoned, we need some way to enable someone to adopt ownership, and have
that adoption be "blessed" by the ROS wiki.

> That way it is easier to identify which stacks are orphaned or have a
> maintainer who needs assistance.
>
> Such a map can also be used to tell how many open tickets individuals
> have, seen over all
> considered stacks, showing the people who should either spend more time on
> ticket closing
> or finding someone to help with or take over maintenance.
>
> Given that trac also serves csv files, that should not be too difficult to
> achieve, technically, once the meta-data has been collected.

So the next question is, how can we integrate some of these metrics and
features into the wiki?

--
Jonathan Bohren
PhD Student