[ros-users] SBPL navigation 2D planner and P3DX robot

Abhishek Mehta abhishekmehta1992 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 16:16:36 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am a 3rd year under graduate student and recently I worked on navigation
stack, SBPL package, ROSARIA package and P3DX robot.

While working on a small project I removed the initial map given to the
planner in SBPL package for navigation in 2D environment, and make it such
that the robot(P3DX) will automatically update the map as it moves using
on-board sonars.

In another project I used the openni_tracker node in such a way that
whenever a user points on the floor, the P3DX will go to the nearest
coordinate on the floor where the user is pointing, using the modified SBPL
package.

Link of videos of above projects :
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW-yAaGKBJ0
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jis2Leavhok

I have also documented my project.
Is my work good enough to be used by other users, who want
to implement grid based planner on P3DX ?

Abhishek