[ros-users] Hokuyo Laserscanner -- Cached parameter is invalid for key [/hokuyo/diagnostic_period]

Christian Atanas Müller christian.mueller at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Thu Jun 7 11:52:09 UTC 2012

Hey everyone,

I changed from oneric/electric to precise/fuerte and I am using a
hokuyo laserscanner and a pan-tilt unit to generate via the
laser_scan_assembler a 3D pointcloud of the scene.

It has worked fine under oneric/electric. However since I changed to
precise/fuerte the assembled pointcloud generation does not work
anymore.

The hokuyo node still publishes single laser scans without a problem.
The begin and end timings of the tilting sequences are sent to the
laser_scan_assembler node to generate the assembled point cloud. But
as a result the laser_scan_assembler node returns an empty point cloud.

After some investigation I found out under rxconsole this message from
the hokuyo node:
header:
   seq: 304666
   stamp: 1339067745.866227001
   frame_id:
level: 1
name: /hokuyo
msg: Cached parameter is invalid for key [/hokuyo/diagnostic_period]
file:
/tmp/buildd/ros-fuerte-ros-comm-1.8.9-0precise-20120510-0033/clients/cpp/roscpp/src/libros/param.cpp
function: param::getImpl
line: 184
topics[]
   topics[0]: /rosout
   topics[1]: /diagnostics
   topics[2]: /hokuyo/parameter_descriptions
   topics[3]: /hokuyo/parameter_updates
   topics[4]: /hokuyo_scan

Does anybody knows why "Cached parameter is invalid for key
[/hokuyo/diagnostic_period]" --  I guess that causes the error.
Thanks a lot for any help.

Cheers,
   Chris