[ros-users] ros-users Digest, Vol 28, Issue 10

John Galloway jrg at toasterfish.com
Tue Jun 12 00:00:37 UTC 2012

On Jun 11, 2012, at 11:47 AM PDT Brian Gerkey wrote

> Somewhat related are the embedded motor control boards developed by
> Synapticon (a ROSCon 2012 sponsor):
> http://www.synapticon.com/
> They have some XMOS-based boards that "speak" ROS natively.

Thanks Brian, but I didn't find any ROS references on their site.   Under the service robotics link they have things like

"Move your mechatronics developments to the next level and kickstart your projects using the Synapticon SOMANET Distributed Real-Time Control Devices and OBLAC Development Tools & Cloud Services."

Which makes one lean toward a proprietary system.
 -jrg