[ros-users] API review for ROS GUI

Dirk Thomas dthomas at willowgarage.com
Thu Jun 21 00:34:22 UTC 2012

During the ROS GUI SIG for Fuerte an integrated GUI based on Qt has been developed which features a plugin architecture to run arbitrary UI snippets.
Since then several plugins have been developed (http://www.ros.org/wiki/rqt/Plugins) and the code has been polished.

Since the idea is that more people write plugins in the future we would like to review the public API before officially releasing the stack.

I created an API review page in the wiki: http://www.ros.org/wiki/rqt/Reviews/2012-06-20_API_Review

If you are interested, please read the summary of the proposed API and add your comments to the wiki page.

After a week I'll take the feedback and we can decide what changes are needed, if any.
Please get your comments in by June 27, 2012.

Thanks!
Dirk