[ros-users] Deb source packages

Rich Mattes richmattes at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 02:01:17 UTC 2012

On 06/12/2012 01:49 PM, Tully Foote wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> That is where we build the debs from.  In one of our next rounds of
> upgrades we hope to provide the sources via apt-get source on
> packages.ros.org <http://packages.ros.org>.  But I suggest pulling
> from the git-buildpackage repos as that will be easiest, and you can
> keep your own fork of the repo if you want for your architecture
> specific sources.
>
> Tully
>
> PS: For reference all the new style debians in fuerte they are listed
> at : https://github.com/ros/rosdistro/blob/master/releases/fuerte.yaml

Hi Tully,

Are there any plans to integrate the changes to PCL upstream instead of
maintaining a wg fork?  From my analysis, the only changes are that the
wg fork includes the generated message headers, .msg files, and some ROS
stack metadata.  I opened a bug upstream[1] and was going to take a
crack this weekend at having PCL's buildsystem handle generating the
message headers and installing the stack files when USE_ROS is enabled,
but if someone else is working on it I'd rather not duplicate the effort.

Thanks,

Rich

[1] http://dev.pointclouds.org/issues/699