[ros-users] ros industrial - who is using ros

Edwards, Shaun M. sedwards at swri.org
Sun Mar 18 17:00:18 UTC 2012

Raz,

I am aware of few programs that are in the development phase which are using ROS and ROS-Industrial.  The common theme in these programs is leveraging 2D/3D perception capabilities for industrial applications.  Each of the systems has a dynamic component that makes the traditional approach of pre-planned, highly repeatable motion infeasible.  As of now there isn't a deployed system using ROS, that I am aware of.  I expect this to change in the near future (<6 months).

Can you be more specific about you application area or hardware?

Shaun Edwards
Senior Research Engineer
Manufacturing System Department

http://robotics.swri.org