[ros-users] urdfpy - URDF parser in Python

Thomas Moulard thomas.moulard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 12:39:35 UTC 2012

Hello there,
here is some news regarding the merge.

I have setup a repository for the new stack here:
https://github.com/laas/robot_model_py
I have imported urdf_tools, removed all packages except urdf_python
and I renamed it under the name urdf_parser_py as suggested before.

On purpose, all the stack and package names are different to avoid
naming conflict during the merge.  As the API will be preserved, it
should
be trivial to change the stack on which you depend on.

I am updating my scripts to use this package instead of urdfpy and I
recommend you do the same.
I don't need to own the repo if someone else wants to manage it, go ahead :)

On the other hand, if you want to contribute to *this* repo, please
send me your github login and I will give you push rights on the repo.
You can also "fork" the project and submit pull requests as your prefer.

@David: it seems to me that you are progressively migrating packages
from urdf_tools which is unreleased to other ""official"", released
stacks.
I hope what I did today is similar to what happened with urdf_tutorial
or joint_state_publisher.
Of course, if you prefer follow a different strategy, I don't mind.

My only requirement as I said before is that humanoid_walk will depend
on the stack which will contain urdf_parser_py so I would like it to
be released
(even in a preliminary state) soon enough.

Best,
--
Thomas Moulard