[ros-users] turtlesim problem

Jamuraa jamuraa at base0.net
Tue May 1 15:18:05 UTC 2012

I was looking into this earlier today, because I got confused.  It
seems that fuerte turtlesim is shipping without any turtle images,
which defines the size of a meter in the initial TurtleFrame.  Which
means that the initial turtle is placed somewhere divided by zero
(hence the infinite)

Turtlesim looks for the images in
/opt/ros/fuerte/share/turtlesim/images but that directory isn't even
there.  I wasn't sure where to report this bug (I couldn't find a bug
tracker for ros_tutorials with a quick look on the wiki page), and not
sure if it was reproducible with the Ubuntu install because I
installed from source.

I would imagine that if you copy the images directory from the source
tree (on my system, ros-underlay/ros_tutorials/turtlesim/images) into
/opt/ros/fuerte/share/turtlesim it will start working again.

Michael Janssen --- Jamuraa --- jamuraa at base0.net