[ros-users] Introducing your new ROS Platform Manager, Tully Foote

Dirk Thomas dthomas at willowgarage.com
Thu May 10 17:40:41 UTC 2012

On 09.05.2012 19:34, Geoffrey Biggs wrote:
> On 10 May 2012 10:07, Ken Conley <kwc at kwc.org <mailto:kwc at kwc.org>> wrote:
>
>      > On a related note, I'm interested in hearing more about how ROS 2.0 will
>      > progress, and specifically how to get more closely involved. Will you be at
>      > ROSCon? Is there any chance of having a chat about this?
>
>     I'll be at ROSCon, but Dirk Thomas will be running the ROS 2.0
>     efforts, so he will be the best person to talk about
>     logistics/coordinating.
>

> Thanks, Ken.
>
> Dirk, will you be at ROSCon and do you have any plans to talk about ROS 2.0, such as what the roadmap (if any) is, how it will be managed, etc?

there is no scheduled talk on ROS 2.0 at ROSCon.

I will create some SIGs related to that soon which should sketch the direction we are currently imagining.
I would like to talk to everyone interested in that topic or having ideas/requirements.
Next week I will be at ICRA and ROSCon - so if you (or anyone else) is there we should definitly meet there in-person.

Dirk