[ros-users] roscpp with transport plugins

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Sun May 27 13:04:25 UTC 2012

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 7:15 AM, Cedric Pradalier
<cedric.pradalier at gmail.com> wrote:

> The conclusion is that, at least in C++, there is no particular
> problem to make the transport layer more open.
> I'm happy to send the diff for review if there is an interest. This is
> not production code, but I don't think what I changed has the
> potential to be disruptive. It's mostly reorganising some bits and
> pieces into functions and classes.

That's good news.

I suspect the difficult problem will be understanding and
characterizing various clients' implicit assumptions about bandwidth,
latency, reliability, quality of service, etc.

We need to understand what kinds of transport protocols will satisfy
which specific robotics applications.
--
 joq