[ros-users] roscpp with transport plugins

Cedric Pradalier cedric.pradalier at gmail.com
Tue May 29 21:17:26 UTC 2012

Replying my own email in case there is interest outside the RosNG SIG.

I've kept experimenting with roscpp a bit and added UDP multicasting
to the transport plugins.

Additionally, I've added a mechanism to pre-process serialized
messages before sending them. As an example, I've added a bzip2 plugin
that will compress/decompress any message on a topic (if the
TransportHints say so).

I'm not sure if there is an interest to push that up-stream or if this
should be an output of one of the SIGs...

--
Cedric Pradalier