[ros-users] announce: new camera_info_manager_py package

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 02:17:18 UTC 2012

I am recently created a Python interface similar to the C++
camera_info_manager package used by many camera drivers. The API is
similar, but not identical. It supports the same calibration URL syntax
with variable substitution as by the C++ implementation.

 http://www.ros.org/wiki/camera_info_manager_py
 https://github.com/jack-oquin/camera_info_manager_py

http://ros.org/doc/fuerte/api/camera_info_manager_py/html/python/camera_info_manager.html

There are probably not many camera drivers written in Python, but the
axis_camera driver needs camera info, so I chose to create a general
package to provide that interface for it.

My current implementation is unit-tested but not yet functionally complete.
It already has enough features to be useful. If you have or want to write a
camera driver in Python, please let me know. I will support this package
and provide any reasonable missing features it requires.
--
 joq