[ros-users] ROS Beta Release Update

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Wed Nov 14 10:29:17 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to give an update on the ROS Groovy beta release.  We've recently
overcome some technical glitches in our infrastructure and are now fully
focused on getting Groovy out the door.

To track our progress we have selected some gating criterion for the beta
release.  The issues are tracked in the ROS Groovy Beta milestone on the
rosdistro github repo:
https://github.com/ros/rosdistro/issues?milestone=1&state=open  Our goal is
to release the beta this week.

We have over 316 packages building for precise and oneiric and 243 for
quantal which was just fully enabled today.  We are only building 64 bit
binaries at the moment to save build time.  32 bit targets will be enabled
at some point during the beta release.

Tully