[ros-users] Hiring for Software Engineer: ROS/Android

Rafael Aroca rafaelaroca at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 01:17:05 UTC 2012

Hi, I am not interested on the job, but by the project description,
seems like I have developed something related to what the hired person
would do. Maybe it could be helpful or we could join efforts.

It is an embedded web server than runs on Android devices. When you
connect to the device's address from any browser, you'll get a HTML5
page with a robot programming environment. From this page you can
program the android controlled robot using Python or by simply
connecting blocks! The page also allows programs to be saved and
loaded, and "real-time" visualization of the program output.

When the user clicks on "Run", the block program is translated into
python, and executed with SL4A.

The project is anwide: http://code.google.com/p/anwide/

We have already successfully used it to control a Pioneer P3AT robot,
several Lego Mindstorms robots and a 10-dollar robot
(http://www.natalnet.br/~aroca/afron/).

I have been working to add ROS-Python support, so ROS could be easily
used on educational environments with blocks or textual programming,
or even for quick and practical tests directly written in python apps
running on the android device.

--
[]s Rafael.
Linux User #56352