[ros-users] sensor_msgs Low Cost/Android review

Sameer Parekh sameer at falkorsystems.com
Thu Nov 15 20:19:33 UTC 2012

For further clarification, the "fixed inertial frame" is the parent_frame_id, yes? Should we add that field to sensor_msgs/Imu?

It appears to me that for clarity it would make more sense if the orientation were in a separate message than the acceleration and angular velocities, so that they can be independently stamped with different frames.

However since there are IMUs that publish fused data this may not make sense… it doesn't appear to make any less sense than having an Imu publish on separate topics, one for angular velocity/acceleration and another for the magnetic field, however.

-s

--
Sameer Parekh
Falkor Systems, Inc.