[ros-users] Documentation build issue with the visp stack

Eitan Marder-Eppstein eitan at hidof.com
Wed Nov 28 00:20:55 UTC 2012

Hey Thomas,

Sorry that it took me so long to get to this.

Your point makes sense. We attempt to build as little as possible to get
python messages generated (otherwise doc jobs will take forever), and the
case of export flags requiring a package to be built wasn't one I came
across in testing. I've made some modifications to the message generation
code, not requiring export flags to pass in order to run message
generation. Now, your job is stable:

http://jenkins.willowgarage.com:8080/job/doc-fuerte-vision_visp/20/

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, hope all is well,

Eitan

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 1:24 AM, Thomas Moulard <thomas.moulard at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear all,
> since the new indexer has been released, vision_visp documentation is
> in an unstable state[1].
>
> From my understanding, it is due to the fact that either the package
> are not built anymore or that
> rosmake is not called.
>
> Here is the failure:
>     Failed to invoke /opt/ros/fuerte/bin/rospack
> cflags-only-I;--deps-only visp_bridge
>     sh: 1:
> /home/rosbuild/hudson/workspace/doc-fuerte-vision_visp/doc_stacks/2012-11-19_15-04-56.298782/vision_visp/visp/install/bin/visp-config:
> not found
>
> This happens when cmake is invoked in the first package of the stack.
> This behavior is expected as the dependencies are not built before
> calling cmake on this package.
> In particular, this package, visp_bridge, depends on another package
> in this stack called visp.
> The visp package uses a binary to retrieve its cflags/lflags:
>
> (visp/manifest.xml)
>   <export>
>     <cpp
>        cflags="`${prefix}/install/bin/visp-config --cflags`"
>        lflags="`${prefix}/install/bin/visp-config --libs`"
>        />
>   </export>
>
> So, of course, one has to build first visp before asking for its export
> flags.
> IMHO this seems an acceptable behavior in the sense that these flags
> may vary depending on your
> building flags and your system.
>
> Is my diagnostic correct, and is there a way to solve this issue?
>
> Thanks,
>
> [1]
> http://jenkins.willowgarage.com:8080/job/doc-fuerte-vision_visp/lastBuild/console
> --