[ros-users] ROSJAVA in Web Projects

Tim Beyl tim.beyl at kit.edu
Fri Oct 5 09:41:10 UTC 2012

Dear all,

we are trying to build our GUI using Google Web Toolkit and ROSJAVA.
Unfortunately we are facing problems with integration of ROSJAVA into
Google Web Toolkit apps. Obviously gradle and a bootstrapping process is
used to configure and start ROSJAVA applications. Unfortunately GWT
offers it's own entrypoint for applications. We tried to add the ROSJAVA
jars to the project and tried to use the NodeMainExecutor from ROS to
start a thread within the GWT server to take care for all ROS tasks.
Unfortunately due to obvious reasons this failed with
ClassNotFoundException (no bootstrapping has been performed). Now we got
stuck. Is there a way to create ROSNODEs from within a Java project
without using the Java Rosrun and can the project be manually configured
without using gradle and a bootstrapping process, so that i can use the
ROS jars within my java projects avoiding ROSJAVA build process. Are
their asny other ways so solve te problems like building GWT apps also
via gradle? (i see problems since the entrypoint for GWT apps is the GWT
compiler)

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Tim

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Institute for Process Control and Robotics (IPR)

Dipl.-Inform. Med. Tim Beyl
Member of Scientific Staff - Medical Robotics Group (MeGI)

Engler-Bunte-Ring 8
Building 40.28, Room 102
76131 Karlsruhe, Germany

Phone Office: +49 721 608 44252
Fax Office: +49 721 608 44171
Email: tim.beyl at kit.edu

Web: http://rob.ipr.kit.edu/

KIT – University of the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg and
National Research Center of the Helmholtz Association