[ros-users] Proposed API additions for InteractiveMarkerControl

Adam Leeper aleeper at stanford.edu
Wed Oct 10 20:00:44 UTC 2012

Hi folks-

We (at Willow) have started writing some plugins to Rviz to allow use of a
3D/6D cursor (such as might be provided by a haptic device or Razer Hydra
device).

While the plugin and cursor side of all this is still highly unstable, I'd
like to make some minor (non-breaking) additions to the
InteractiveMarkerControl definition in anticipation of supporting 3D
control.

http://www.ros.org/wiki/visualization_msgs/Reviews/2012-10-09_interactive_marker_3D_control%20API%20Review

Please reply to this thread and/or put comments on the wiki if this is of
interest to you.
I'm hoping this is a minor enough change that we can push it within a week
so it makes it into Groovy...

Cheers,
--Adam