[ros-users] Fuerte cheat sheet available for ROS-By-Example book

Patrick Goebel patrick at pirobot.org
Tue Oct 16 00:57:36 UTC 2012

Hello ROS Fans,

My ROS By Example <http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/pirobot> book was
written for ROS Electric.  For those of you using ROS Fuerte, I have put
together a cheat sheet that details the changes you have to make to use
the book and sample code with Fuerte instead of Electric.  The code
repository itself has been updated to be compatible with both ROS
versions so basically you just need to use a few different launch files
and RViz config files.  If interested, you can download the cheat sheet
from the following link:

http://ros-by-example.googlecode.com/files/RBX1_Fuerte_Cheat_Sheet.pdf

I'd like to thank HBRC member *Ross Lunan* who provided me with some
very helpful notes on how he got the book and code to work with Fuerte
on his machine.

*One important caveat*: I have only tested this on Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneric)
but Ross tested it under 12.04 (Precise).  In any event, let me know if
you run into any trouble.

--patrick

http://www.pirobot.org