[ros-users] New ros package for AR.Drone, falkor_ardrone

Sameer Parekh sameer at falkorsystems.com
Tue Oct 23 14:15:57 UTC 2012

Hi everyone-- I've moved all my own code out of the ardrone_autonomy fork that I've created into a new package, "falkor_ardrone", added a little basic documentation, and submitted a request for indexing. It's available here:

https://github.com/FalkorSystems/falkor_ardrone

Since the last demo at the NY Hardware Startup I added a PID controller for the robot's vel_cmd using the Navdata vx/vy data that the ardrone_driver was giving me, and it flies a lot better. Here's a video from the NYC flying robots meetup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq29wDa0B1U&feature=plcp

Yours,
--
Sameer Parekh, CEO