[ros-users] ROS Groovy release update

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Tue Oct 30 10:07:03 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to give a quick update on progress for the ROS Groovy release.
 We've fallen a bit behind our stated schedule.  We are focused on making
sure the groovy release comes out with the highest quality.

As of today we have more than 250 packages released against groovy being
successfully built into debian packages.  It is a close approximation of
the union of the mobile, perception, simulators, and and viz variants from
previous releases.  With this release we have been focused on making many
upgrades to the infrastructure.  There will be more information coming soon
in the beta announcement once we have finished testing the core
functionality and the infrastructure to make developers efforts easier are
in place.

Tully

PS: If you'd like to see what packages are currently successfully built you
can see the status posted at http://www.ros.org/debbuild/  We are working
on an aggregated view for fuerte and groovy like the older releases, but
for now have simple text views.  The DISTRO_testing.txt shows the latest
complete builds.  For speed of testing we are only running Precise 64
builds at the moment.