[ros-users] Compiling and installing ROS in Debian Squeeze

Willy Lambert lambert.willy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 12:07:31 UTC 2012

2012/10/3 Leopold Palomo Avellaneda <leo at alaxarxa.net>

> Hi,
>
> as a Debian user, I have been trying to use ROS in a Debian box from
> Diamondback. I have had several problems, specially with some software not
> packaged. Now with Fuerte, I have been working in a system to install ROS
> fuerte in a Squeeze box.

Hi,

You are not clear about what you want to do. Do you want a Diamondback or a
Fuerte installation ?
Diamondback should be working more or less with instruction here :
http://www.ros.org/wiki/diamondback/Installation/Debian
except some "rosdep.yaml" you will have to modify (in general copying the
ubuntu line is enougth); At least, for my need this was working.

But no one has been using Debian under Fuerte for now and instructions
seems outdated.