[ros-users] ROS driver for Axis network cameras?

Cedric Pradalier cedric.pradalier at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 19:43:43 UTC 2012

Thanks Ryan,

Do you (or the OP) know if the value returned by the ptz.cgi request
is the current value of the encoders, or the target value of the
position controller.

I use to work with a Canon VBC50iR, which is the same mechanical
hardware and casing, and this thing was unable to tell me where it is,
only where it is going. This was particularly annoying when waiting to
reach a given position before taking a snapshot, and led to a
controller with a framerate of 0.5 fps...

If anyone is interested by the VBC50i ROS driver, it is available at
https://github.com/ethz-asl/ros-drivers/tree/master/canon_vbc50i

Cheers.

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 9:30 PM, Ryan Gariepy
<rgariepy at clearpathrobotics.com> wrote:
> https://github.com/clearpathrobotics/axis_camera
>
> Originally based on the stuff Morgan linked, and we added a few things.
>
> It's worked for us on the M1011 fixed IP and one of their PTUs. Pull
> requests welcome; I just pulled it out of a dusty corner of our internal
> source control. (read: Bugs likely :))
>
> -Ryan
>

> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 3:10 PM, Ryan Gariepy
> <rgariepy at clearpathrobotics.com> wrote:
>>
>> We've got a Python one around. I'll put it on github now.
>>
>> -Ryan
>>

>> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 3:09 PM, Morgan Quigley <mquigley at cs.stanford.edu>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Jack,
>>>
>>> It's been a very long time, but we did some work with these cameras
>>> several years ago. I'm sure the code is horribly outdated, but perhaps
>>> it's better than starting with a blank screen:
>>>
>>> https://code.ros.org/trac/wg-ros-pkg/browser/pkg/trunk/axis_cam?rev=164
>>>
>>> -Morgan

Cedric Pradalier