[ros-users] ROS driver for Axis network cameras?

Reed Hedges Reed.Hedges at Adept.com
Mon Oct 8 12:39:08 UTC 2012

I have Axis 213, 214, 212 and an analog encoder (M70 maybe?) available and can do a little bit of testing etc. if you want. They all have the same HTTP protocol.

Reed

-----Original Message-----
From: ros-users-bounces at code.ros.org [mailto:ros-users-bounces at code.ros.org] On Behalf Of Jack O'Quin
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 3:04 PM
To: ros-users
Subject: [ros-users] ROS driver for Axis network cameras?

We are considering some of these network-attached cameras for a building infrastructure project:

 http://www.axis.com/products/video/camera/index.htm

Zoneminder supports them for security applications in Linux:

 http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Axis

We have not been able to find a ROS driver that supports them.

 * Has anyone already done any work of that kind?

 * Would any of you like to join me in developing a common driver implementation?
--
 joq