[ros-users] ROS driver for Axis network cameras?

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 17:19:10 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Ryan Gariepy
<rgariepy at clearpathrobotics.com> wrote:
> https://github.com/clearpathrobotics/axis_camera
>
> Originally based on the stuff Morgan linked, and we added a few things.
>
> It's worked for us on the M1011 fixed IP and one of their PTUs. Pull
> requests welcome; I just pulled it out of a dusty corner of our internal
> source control. (read: Bugs likely :))

Thank you, Ryan. Your axis_camera driver works "out of the box" with
the Axis 211M we have on loan for prototyping. There seem to be some
minor problems in the parameter and argument handling, but nothing to
keep us from using it.

Assuming we continue with this appoach, the M1011 is a likely device
choice, so it's good to know that works, too.

Your help is much appreciated,
--
 joq