[ros-users] ROSJAVA in Web Projects

Damon Kohler damonkohler at google.com
Mon Oct 8 20:18:48 UTC 2012

Hi Tim,

This question is probably best suited for answers.ros.org. Please post
your question there and I will do my best to answer it.

Thanks,
Damon

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 2:41 AM, Tim Beyl <tim.beyl at kit.edu> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> we are trying to build our GUI using Google Web Toolkit and ROSJAVA.
> Unfortunately we are facing problems with integration of ROSJAVA into Google
> Web Toolkit apps. Obviously gradle and a bootstrapping process is used to
> configure and start ROSJAVA applications. Unfortunately GWT offers it's own
> entrypoint for applications. We tried to add the ROSJAVA jars to the project
> and tried to use the NodeMainExecutor from ROS to start a thread within the
> GWT server to take care for all ROS tasks. Unfortunately due to obvious
> reasons this failed with ClassNotFoundException (no bootstrapping has been
> performed). Now we got stuck. Is there a way to create ROSNODEs from within
> a Java project without using the Java Rosrun and can the project be manually
> configured without using gradle and a bootstrapping process, so that i can
> use the ROS jars within my java projects avoiding ROSJAVA build process. Are
> their asny other ways so solve te problems like building GWT apps also via
> gradle? (i see problems since the entrypoint for GWT apps is the GWT
> compiler)
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Kind regards,
> Tim
>

> --
> Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
> Institute for Process Control and Robotics (IPR)
>
> Dipl.-Inform. Med. Tim Beyl
> Member of Scientific Staff - Medical Robotics Group (MeGI)
>
> Engler-Bunte-Ring 8
> Building 40.28, Room 102
> 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
>
> Phone Office: +49 721 608 44252
> Fax Office: +49 721 608 44171
> Email: tim.beyl at kit.edu
>
> Web: http://rob.ipr.kit.edu/
>
> KIT – University of the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg and
> National Research Center of the Helmholtz Association

:wq

Google Germany GmbH
Dienerstr. 12
80331 München

AG Hamburg, HRB 86891
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Katherine Stephens

Tax ID:- 48/725/00206
VAT ID:- DE813741370