[ros-users] new ROS tutorials for vision based navigation for micro helicopters

Stefan Kohlbrecher stefan.kohlbrecher at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 06:32:27 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

just wanted to raise awareness that the system can also be tested in
simulation with our hector_quadrotor stack. I prepared a little demo
package here:
http://tu-darmstadt-ros-pkg.googlecode.com/svn/branches/fuerte/hector_quadrotor_experimental/hector_quadrotor_ptam/
This currently only provides a ethzasl_ptam demo without the EKF
sensor fusion/state estimation back-end, but it could be extended to
use it.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BRgu4VBlR0

Instructions for starting the scenario shown in the video:
http://www.ros.org/wiki/hector_quadrotor_ptam

If you want to reproduce it, please use the following repo URLs:

http://tu-darmstadt-ros-pkg.googlecode.com/svn/branches/electric/
for the electric version and
http://tu-darmstadt-ros-pkg.googlecode.com/svn/branches/fuerte/
for the fuerte version