[ros-users] Standardization of mapping interfaces

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Wed Oct 17 02:27:09 UTC 2012

Hi Stéphane,

Two points for process.  This is the right mailing list to discuss REP
updates.  We merged ros-developers into ros-users I've updated REP 12 to
reflect this.  Secondly we'd like to try to leverage github's pull
request/comment functionality to work with the REPs.  Would you mind trying
this out by forking the REP into your own workspace, creating a branch with
your addtion and then submit a pull request from that branch, and then
circulate the pull request link on the mailing list.

Tully

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 5:37 PM, Austin Hendrix <legotown at aol.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> I agree that having two packages for map_msgs and nav_msgs could get
> confusing; I vote that we merge them into a single stack.
>
> -Austin
>

> On 10/16/2012 05:03 PM, Stéphane Magnenat wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have prepared a draft REP for a standard 2D and 3D SLAM interface in
>> ROS [1]. Please give feedback, or provide patches through pull request.
>>
>> This is an official request for the creation of a new REP, I do not know
>> who is responsible for accepting REPs (in REP-1 the contact point is
>> ros-users, in REP-12 it is ros-developers, there should be a REP for
>> reconciliating incompatible guidelines ;) ).
>>
>> Have a nice day,
>>
>> Stéphane
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/**stephanemagnenat/rep-mapping-**node-api/<https://github.com/stephanemagnenat/rep-mapping-node-api/>

Tully Foote