[ros-users] libfreenect based Kinect driver

Michael Ferguson mfergs7 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 17:53:07 UTC 2012

There is a prototype/stub of audio support for Asus using OpenNI that I put
together earlier this year: http://kforge.ros.org/openni/openni_audio. The
OpenNI aspects are pretty much nailed down, however, one of the big
problems is the lack of support for audio data in ROS. We don't have
the equivalent of "camera_info" and/or "image_transport" for audio data. As
such, there isn't currently a clean, common interface for audio data to go
over, nor much of a toolbox of audio-related stuff to do with the data.

-Fergs