[ros-users] Ubuntu12.10

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Sun Oct 21 23:58:05 UTC 2012

Hi Melchiaros,

It's great to hear that Morse is released upstream.  We have actively
discussed pushing some of ROS into upstream.  Our repositories do already
have partial builds of 12.10 for our upcoming release.

It would be great to consider what we could look to push upstream for
13.04. I suggest that you restart this discussion on the buildsystem SIG
mailing list.  http://www.ros.org/wiki/groovy/Planning/Buildsystem  This
idea has been indirectly talked about recently there.

Anyone else interested in this topic I suggest you also join the
buildsystem SIG mailing list.

Tully

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 10:05 AM, melchiaros <melchiaros at aol.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> on 18th of October Ubuntu12.10 has reached final status. With it the first
> time morse-simulator ships in version 0.6alpha as you can see here:
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/**search?keywords=morse-**
> simulator&searchon=names&**suite=all&section=all<http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=morse-simulator&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all>
>
> This is a remarkable progress for open source robotting.
>
> The morse project is build on top of the 3D modeler blender and far beyond
> this the project is directed to integrate other software for robotting as
> easy as it can be, also ROS(and some others).
>
> The morse project itself link direct to ROS usage with one(may be more - I
> have not seen all)tutorial for practically doing:
>
> http://www.openrobots.org/**morse/doc/latest/user/**
> advanced_tutorials/hri_**tutorial_blender.html<http://www.openrobots.org/morse/doc/latest/user/advanced_tutorials/hri_tutorial_blender.html>
>
> I have seen that you provide a repository for ROS which is adapted to
> Ubuntu12.04.
>
> Is it possible for you to adapt the packages and repositories to
> Ubuntu12.10?
>
> Would you be interested to provide packages direct for the next
> development round of Ubuntu13.04(release 6 month from now)?
>
> I think it would be make the thinks easier for users to have it on one
> platform, especially on setup.
>
> The other way around Ubuntu has automatically bug-reporting, which makes
> it easier for developers to see code misbehavior by automatic notification.
>

> greetings
>
> melchiaros

Tully Foote
tfoote at willowgarage.com