[ros-users] Indexer fails to update stack templates

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Wed Oct 24 00:42:13 UTC 2012

Hi Christian,

I think this was due to stale state in the system.  One of the issues with
the old system is that it accrues state over time, and it didn't keep clear
separation between ROS releases.

Eitan's just announced our new indexer.  It should lead to much clearer
state of the indexer.  More info at:
http://www.ros.org/wiki/Get%20Involved#Indexing_Your_.2A-ros-pkg_Repository_for_Documentation_Generation

When we make that version live for fuerte I hope this will be cleared up.

Tully

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 6:45 AM, Christian Dornhege <
dornhege at informatik.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:

> Dear ROS users,
>
> I've recently split up a stack into two, but the indexer has only
> updated the package sites, not the stack sites. I can see that
> the indexer knows about the stacks correctly as they are shown
> on the package sites navigation.
>
> This is how it should be on the package - navigation is correct:
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/**planner_modules_pr2<http://www.ros.org/wiki/planner_modules_pr2>
>
> The correct stack page is still unknown (I created the stack template):
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/pr2_**symbolic_planning<http://www.ros.org/wiki/pr2_symbolic_planning>
>
> Instead the old stack page still contains this and other packages:
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/**symbolic_planning<http://www.ros.org/wiki/symbolic_planning>
>
> Can I fix this on my own or does someone need to reset something?
>
> Best regards,
>   Christian Dornhege
>
> --
> Albert-Ludwigs-University
> Institute of Computer Science
> Research Group Foundations of Artificial Intelligence
> Georges-Köhler-Allee 52
> 79110 Freiburg
> Phone: +49 761 203 8225

Tully Foote