[ros-users] Standardization of mapping interfaces

Dave Hershberger hersh at willowgarage.com
Mon Oct 29 00:04:33 UTC 2012

For what it's worth, you don't have to settle for billboards in rviz.
 There is already a geometry shader you can choose in the PointCloud and
PointCloud2 displays which lets you display the points as axis-aligned
cubes.  You still have to set the size of the cubes manually, but you don't
have to settle for billboards.

You could also write a display plugin to display octomaps directly.

Dave