[ros-users] urdf_validator annoucement

Gabriel Casulari da Motta Ribeiro gabrielcasulari at poli.ufrj.br
Tue Oct 30 16:28:55 UTC 2012

Thomas,

    I tested the validator with my own urdf files and I have some comments.

    My robots were using gazebo extension to define some cameras and
lasers, and as expected these aren't validated. I undestand the conceptual
changes on the urdf definitions and the use of the Sensor type, but this is
not defined on the schema too. Is it intentional? Why?

   The other comment is about the sensor attributes for laser, there is no
min and max range for distance readings. I think this information is
important to define which sensor is used and select the application.

Gabriel