[ros-users] ccny-ros-pkg release: phidgets_drivers

Ivan Dryanovski ivan.dryanovski at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 03:10:42 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

We have put together a small stack with drivers for Phidgets devices:

http://www.ros.org/wiki/phidgets_drivers

The stack contains a package that downloads and installs the official
Phidgets C API, as well as a C++ API which we've written on top of it.
The C++ API provides a single Phidget class which specific devices can
inherit from. We have currently implemented two Phidgets: the
PhidgetSpatial 3/3/3 IMU and the Phidget IR, as well as ROS nodes for
both of them.

Extending the stack with more Phidget device classes should be fairly
easy using the API.

More info is available at the wiki pages. As always, we welcome any
feedback and suggestions.

Cheers,

Ivan

--