[ros-users] roscpp on embedded devices with ethernet?

Nikolai Ensslen nensslen at synapticon.com
Wed Sep 12 20:24:05 UTC 2012

Dave,

at Synapticon we're working on full-fledged ROS communication for our
SOMANET range of devices:
http://www.synapticon.com/systems/products/somanet/ - See diagram
"Integration with ROS". Using this you're able to code real-time software
that behaves like a ROS node in C and run it on bare metal. What we call
"rosxmos" is a port of our embedded client library "rosc" for XMOS chips.
Anyway you should be able to port rosc to any platform for which a C
compiler exists.

A first version of both will be presumably finished by the end of next
month. As it will be released as public open-source at a later time first,
please give me a message if you're interested in early adoption.

Best,
Nik