[ros-users] ROS API implementation

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 15:50:40 UTC 2013

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 5:17 AM, "Florian König" <inflo at web.de> wrote:

> hi william,
>

> thanks for your answer, i read  http://www.ros.org/wiki/Support  and there is stated:
>
> The following are not appropriate questions:
>
> general debugging/programming questions

This refers to "general" questions like "how do I declare global
variables in  C++? Stackoverflow.com is good for that.

The page you mention should be worded more carefully. Thanks for
pointing it out. I can see how one might misunderstand.

> Where do the developers talk,discuss ?

Discussion is appropriate here for matters of general interest, such
as how best to ask for help.

Several special interest groups have their own e-mail lists for specific topics:

 http://ros.org/wiki/sig

Specific questions belong on answers.ros.org.

Gazebo questions however, such as yours, are better directed to
answers.gazebosim.org. The Gazebo developers requested that so they
need not follow the voluminous traffic on answers.ros.org.

The goal is to answer thousands of questions quickly without
needlessly distracting thousands of people. Everyone would like it to
be easier, but it is fundamentally a hard problem. Thanks for your
cooperation.
--
 joq