[ros-users] Robot Task Description Format - Potential REP

Edwards, Shaun M. sedwards at swri.org
Mon Apr 15 16:02:11 UTC 2013

Moritz,

Thank you for your reply.  I am familiar with OWL and interested in your work.  I think the work that you are doing is more abstract and high-level than what I propose, but I can see the overlap.  For example, in the simplest use cases we would just need a list of defined waypoints.  We would write an explicit program that knew how to interpret the data.  Could your representation  be used for such a simple case?  Do you have any software built up that supports parsing of the OWL and translation into programming constructs (classes)?

Shaun Edwards
Senior Research Engineer
Manufacturing System Department

http://robotics.swri.org